Larb Moo Tod – Traditional Thai Appetiser Or Bai Pho Thai Pork Fusion Burger
A two for one recipe, everything is the same just vary the portion size of the patties to make either small tasty bite sized appetizers, or make the patties bigger burger size and it is then a fantastic fusion burger patty!
Ingredients, 4 serves:
- 400gm Pork Mince
- 1 tablespoon uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 small red birds-eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander loosely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint loosely chopped
- Oil for frying
- In a dry fry pan (no oil), toast the uncooked rice until it is golden brown, toss constantly to avoid burning, and then grind to a coarse powder
- Mix pork mince and all ingredients except oil into a larger bowl
- Form the mixture into patties, larger for a burger patty or small for an appetizer
- Heat oil in a fry pan and cook patties until golden brown and cooked through, small patties for an appetizer are more deep fried, than a burger patty which can also be done on the BBQ.
- Add into your usual burger make up, we recommend keeping it simple, bun, lettuce, tomato and your “Bai Pho Thai Pork Fusion” patty.
A great recipe we often cook after a busy day delivering Thai massage as it is quick and easy.